Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Surviving

This blog is starting as a personal project for myself, as a newly moved student abroad. But it is also a platform for other students living in other countries, who can share their experiences. And hopefully, a pleasant read for any other one interested in the subject.

I studied Communication and Public Relations in Romania and because I wanted more and was looking for diversity, I chose to apply for a Masters in Madrid at the Complutense Universty, in Multimedia Journalism. I have many friends studying abroad and I heard stories about how it is to move to another country. But until you get to experience it yourself, you can't really know what it feels like. For me, it was life-changing and still is. And it's not for nothing that people say how difficult the beginning is.

Facing all these changes was not easy. So this project is about how we can survive once we move away from home and what we can do to make our existence as students better. Its evolution will most likely be organic so it will include everything, from looking for a place to live, what to eat, how the new means of communication are helping us, tips & tricks and so on.

And I expect any kind of shared experiences from others like me. Because I know we are quite many.

No comments:

Post a Comment